In this second week of sharing proposed Building a Better Future, Phase II projects by area, we’re heading to the City of Osseo. Critical school building needs would additionally be addressed at Osseo Senior High School, Osseo Middle School and area elementary schools if the Nov. 7 ballot question is approved by voters.
Proposed projects for all schools in and around the city of Osseo:
- Adding additional safety and security enhancements.
- Updating classrooms to accommodate varied learning needs, including special education, gifted/talented and multilingual learner needs.
- Updating classrooms and common areas with new furniture and flexible learning spaces.
- Modernizing library media centers to better support teaching and learning needs.
Additionally proposed projects at Osseo Senior High School:
- Enhancing the security features at the school’s main entrance (to reach district safety/security standards).
- Expanding and modernizing career and technical education learning spaces.
Additionally proposed projects at Osseo Middle School and area elementary schools:
- Expanding and modernizing science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) spaces at magnet schools (Health science program at Osseo Senior High School, Brooklyn Middle STEAM School, Birch Grove School for the Arts, Weaver Lake: A Science Math & Technology School and Zanewood Community: A STEAM School).
- Adding an outdoor classroom to elementary and middle schools currently without such a space.
Learn more by attending a Community Informational Meeting at either Park Center Senior High School on Tuesday, Sept. 19 (YouTube livestream) or Osseo Senior High School on Tuesday, Oct. 3 (YouTube livestream). Both kick off at 6 p.m. and are in each school’s forum room. Additional details are at district279.org/BetterFuture.
- All 279
- Better Future