The federal COVID-19 waivers which allowed for free meals during the pandemic are expiring. That means meals will once again be fee-based on family eligibility for the 2022-23 school year and onward.
To be considered for free or reduced-priced meals and other educational benefits, parents/caregivers must complete the Free/Reduced Meal Application. The benefits of filling out the application and being approved (or qualifying) may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Free or reduced meal costs for your student if your household income qualifies.
- Applications completed and approved prior to Oct. 1 will help provide funding for the school your child attends, which can be used to provide additional resources that benefit students.
- To qualify for P-EBT benefits if extended into the upcoming school year.
- Testing fees for the ACT, SAT and AP Fees may be discounted as well as field trips and band instruments rentals.
- Reduced internet rates with certain providers.
- Athletics fees waived or reduced.
There are three ways to fill out the Free/Reduced Meal Application:
- Online through SmartSchoolK12 at district279.org/FMA. This option will create a family account allowing online access to view meal accounts.
- Online at bit.ly/3hWdk7Q or scanning the QR code. This option will bypass making a family account while still allowing completion of the application. The online application is available in five languages.
- By paper. All families will receive an application in the mail at the end of July/beginning of August.
Please reach out to the Nutrition Services team with any questions. Contact Julie Moberg at MobergJ@district279.org or 612-391-7129.
- All 279